Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Keep your 2010 goals, get a practice buddy

So how many of you made fitness one of your goals this 2010 ? How many of you are keeping up with that goal ? Oh no, this blog is not about making you feel bad if you have already falling behind but is going to give you an idea, a power ful idea about keeping you goals or even surpassing them.
I have now polled close to 80 people, and with the exception of handful most of them had fitness as a goal. Things like - "Health comes first", "I want to improve my tennis game", "I want to lose 10 pounds" , "I want to run the nyc marathaon" were very common goals.
Well how are you going about achieving the same, it is not easy.. it takes hard work, it takes discipline, it takes motivation.
Some people have found instructors, some have joined group classes. I think a very under utilized approach is to get a practice buddy. Get a group of people or a person who is willing to do this with you. It helps you maintain momentum, motivation and provides you that extra push.
heykiki.com is actually a great way to connect with such practice buddies or even instructors for just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment